Saffron Health Trust commissioned One Building Solution Ltd to carry out the role as Monitoring Surveyor for the development of a new build doctors’ surgery which covered the inspection of the structure and fabric as well as the mechanical and electrical installation. The project was procured under a Design and Build Contract and although One Building Solution Ltd was appointed directly by the Health Trust we reported directly to the Employers Agent who was administrating the contract on behalf of the Health Trust.
We worked on and delivered a number of scheme proposals for a single dwelling; however this option did not prove to be economically viable for the client. Working with the client we provided further scheme proposals for two dwellings to be built on the site and carried out planning consultation which further gained approval.
Working and detailed drawings were then issued to the client for final budget costs and construction works. Although we were employed by SI Properties (the client / Developer / Contractor) we provided them with an independent and non biased construction and workmanship monitoring during the construction phase along with snagging and final inspection of the properties
- Check all critical stages to ensure that the quality meets both the specification and the expectation of the end user.
- Highlighting potential specification design issues for comments before they affect construction and programme.
- Checking for component clashes.
- Giving a view on completion dates as work progress.
- Auditing workforce attendance
- Reporting any unresolved concerns.
- Sector knowledge and expertise were part of the advice provided to the client
- Provided the client with consistent professional consultancy
- Provided the client with sound technical and statuary obligation advise
- Assist and provide advise beyond original brief i.e. landlord and tenant, Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, M&E design and specification
- Early advice about potential delays along with proactive approach in limiting delays and effects on critical paths
- Early warning of component clashes and discrepancies between drawings and specification of work